ECONOMICS — HONOURS
Paper : CC-12
Full Marks: 65
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words
as far as practicable.
Group – A
- Answer any ten questions. 2×10
(a) What are the two basic characteristics of Indian planning?
(b) What is Right to Education (RTE) Act, 2009?
(c) Which area of development was emphasised in second five year plan and why?
(d) Mention two major causes for the slowdown in industrialisation in India during late 1980s.
(e) Mention two major causes of inflation in India during the decade of 1980s.
(f) Write two main measures taken by the Government of India to address health issues.
(g) Define the new strategy introduced in the fourth five year plan.
(h) What were the three types of Land Reforms measures adopted in India?
(i) Mention two major objectives for reforms in tax policy in India.
(j) What are the major two limitations of Agricultural price policy in India?
(k) State the basic arguments of fifth five year plan.
(1) Mention any two important sources of Agricultural Finance in India.
(m) Mention any two causes behind industrial sickness in India.
(n) State two reasons for the failure of Nehru-Mahalanobis plan.
(o) What is meant by population explosion?
Group – B
Answer any three questions. 5×3
- Write short note on effects of Rupee devaluation on Indian Economy.
- What were the major steps taken in India to reform the external sector
- Write a short note on Youth unemployment (School Transition to Work) in India.
- Mention the major causes behind attracking foreign direct investment (FDI) in India.
- What do you mean by Structural Changes in the Indian Economy in the post reform period?
Group – C
Answer any three questions.
- Make a short note on trends in GDP and per capita GDP in India during the last decade. 10
- Describe the tax reforms in India. Explore in this context the changing pattern of fiscal deficit since the
early 1990s. 5+5
- Examine the objectives of new economic policy (NEP), 1991. Describe the changing role of Indian state
following the adoption of NEP. 5+5
- Explain the role of competition and FDI in the banking sector. Describe, in this context, the banking
sector reforms undertaken in India. 5+5
- “Reforms in Labour market were inevitable.” Do you agree with the view? Critically analyze your view.
Economics – Economics
Calcutta University Official website Calcutta University