ZOOLOGY — HONOURS
Full Marks : 50
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words
as far as practicable.
Answer Question No. 1 and any four from the rest.
1. Answer any fifteen from the subsequent: 2×15
(a) Mention the situation and performance of transitional epithelium.
(b) Write two important differences between collagen fibre and elastic fibre.
(c) Mention the situation and performance of Parafollicular cells.
(d) What are Catecholamines? — Give example.
(e) Why propagation of action potential through a neuron is unidirectional?
(f) State the feature and site of cartilage .
(g) Name any two glial cells with their functions.
(h) What does one mean by resting membrane potential?
(i) State two functions of thyroid hormone.
(j) Distinguish between myelinated and non-myelinated neuron.
(k) Mention any two features of areolar connective tissue.
(l) Write any two important functions of prolactin in vertebrates.
(m) what’s Osteoclast? Mention its function.
(n) Why CAMP is understood as second messanger?
(o) State two structural differences between bone and cartilage.
(p) Name the kinds of Troponin involved in muscle contraction and mention their functions.
(q) State the changes in gonadotropins during ovulatory phase of cycle .
(r) Name the various zones of adrenal cortexand therefore the hormones secreted from each zone.
(s) what’s the primary ossification centre?
(t) Mention the situation and performance of Leydig cells.
(u) Write any four characteristic features of cardiac muscle.
(v) what’s meant by neuroendocrine gland? Give an example from vertebrate.
(w) Distinguish between chemical and electrical synapse.
(x) what’s atretic follicle?
(y) what’s meant by sensory epithelium? — Give example.
2. Draw and describe the ultrastructure of skeletal muscle. 2+3
3. Name the cell types and mention one key function of every cell type present in endocrine pancreas.
4. Name any two placental hormones and state their functions. 2+1½+1½
5. Classify hormones consistent with their chemical nature with examples. 2½+2½
6. Describe the signal transduction pathway for any steroid hormone. 5
7. Describe the histological features of graafian follicle with diagram. 3+2
8. Mention the hormonal profile and vaginal changes during metestrus and estrous stages of estrous
9. With diagram explain transmission of nerve impulse at neuromuscular junction. 2+3
Calcutta University Official website Calcutta University
You Can Also CheckPractical ZOOA CC-2 Calcutta University Exam Question Paper