AUDITING AND ASSURANCE — HONOURS
Paper: CC-5.1 Ch
Full Marks : 80
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words
as far as practicable.
Group – A
Answer any four questions.
- Define auditing. State objectives of independent financial audit. 4+6
- Distinguish between audit and investigations. 10
- What is audit programme? Discuss the advantages of conducting an audit according to a predetermined
audit programme. 4+6
- What are Audit Working papers? What do you mean by ownership of working papers relating to
- ‘Vouching is the essence of auditing.’ Do you agree with this statement? Justify your view. 10
- How will you verify the following (any two) : 5+5
(c) Trade Payables 5+5
- What special steps are involved in conducting the audit of an Educational Institution? 10
- Distinguish between Audit Report and Certificate. 10
Group – B
Answer any two questions.
- Write short notes on any four : 5×4
(a) Social Audit
(b) Environment Audit
(c) Propriety Audit
(d) Tax Audit
(e) Materiality concept.
- Can dividend be paid
(a) Out of capital profit?
(b) Out of current profit without making good past losses? 10+10
- Discuss the significance of the term ‘True and Fair View’ under the Companies Act, 2013. Discuss how
far auditor’s duties have increased as its consequences. 10+10
- Define Internal Control. State its objectives. Distinguish between Internal Control and Internal Audit.
Auditing & Assurance – Auditing & Assurance
Calcutta University Official website Calcutta University